TU Berlin

Faculty of Economics and ManagementHistory

Page Content

to Navigation

History

Lupe

The faculty of economics and managment laid its main attention around the development of the course of industrial engerneering and management (Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen), which the TUB, then called Technische Hochschule Berlin,  was the first to instroduce in 1926/27. In 1952, through the initiative of the well-known professor for business administration Konrad Mellerowicz, an autonomous department of applied economic sciences was founded. At first the faculty offered courses in business administration (BWL) and later adding courses in economics (VWL). The TUB were the first to offer economics, business administration and industrial engeneering and management in the same faculty and university. The interdisciplinary education of the "managment engineers" (Wirtschaftsingenieur) has proven its worth in past years and in a time of structural changes in our economy, the significance of such an education is increasing steadily. The joint commission for the course of industrial engineering and management (GKWI) recognized this development at an early time and is continuously expanding the range of courses for our management engineers at the Technische Universit├Ąt Berlin.

Due to the new study structure the faculty now offers bachelor course in Economics and Sustainable Management and master courses in Innovation Management, Entreprenuership and Sustainability.

Navigation

Quick Access

Schnellnavigation zur Seite über Nummerneingabe